“It is only by believing in God that we can ever criticize the Government. Once you abolish God, the Government becomes the God. That fact is written all across human history…. The truth is that Irreligion is the opium of the people. Wherever the people do not believe in something beyond the world, they will worship the world. But, above all, they will worship the strongest thing in the world.”
Excerpt From: Wiker, Benjamin. “Worshipping the State.” Regnery Publishing, 2013-02-26. iBooks.
What Is Faith and Why Is it Important?
- Carrie LowranceCrosswalk Contributor
- 201922 Jan
Faith. It’s a word we hear thrown around all the time. Keep the faith. Walking in faith. Having faith. So what is faith? Faith has several different definitions.
1. Complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
2. Strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than truth.
3. A system of religious belief.
4. A firmly held belief or theory